ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector General
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Drupal and Chart Director
Posted by Asghar Adelzadeh on Sep-08-2012 06:16
This is to let users of the Chart Director know that we have been able to successfully use the Chart Directore codes in Drupal (version 7.14) environment to produce charts for our simulation outputs. We received excellent technical support from Mr. Peter Kwan of the Chart Director.

Re: Drupal and Chart Director
Posted by Paul Huffman on Jul-21-2017 01:25
This is great news.  My agency has decided to move to a Drupal site,  and I have been working on learning as much as I can about Drupal.  On my current site, I have PHP scripts that gather data from MySQL databases of river flow and fish passage that I maintain and combine them into ChartDirector charts.  I looked at several Drupal charting modules,  but getting input to charts from MySQL queries was always a problem.  I started learning about custom modules to make these MySQL queries, but haven't figured out how to pass the data to Drupal charting modules.  But after seeing how custom modules work,  I wonder if I can take all of my existing PHP code for charting river flow and fish passage and drop it into a custom module.  I just worry that my require_once("../ChartDirector/lib/phpchartdir.php"); statement will work with Drupal on Windows.  maybe I can get an eval copy of ChartDirector to try this on my Drupal testing site on Windows.

Re: Drupal and Chart Director
Posted by Peter Kwan on Jul-22-2017 01:56
Hi Paul,

You can always download ChartDirector for PHP from our web site http://www.advsofteng.com/download.html for testing.

I have never used Drupal before and am not familiar with Drupal, but our customer has used ChartDirector for PHP with Drupal on Windows successful. Basically, you can directly put the charting code in a Drupal page. Sometimes, our customer would put the charting code in a function in a separate PHP file. Then in the Drupal page, he would include that PHP file and call the function to create a chart.

For the require_once statement, you just need to modify the path to fit your own directory structure. If you are not sure what is the relative path, for testing, you can also use absolute path like require_once("c:\aaa\bbb\ccc\phpchartdir.php");.

Regards
Peter Kwan