ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

chart stopped working
Posted by techsoft on Jul-24-2015 15:15
hi Peter,

my chart page suddenly seems to be stopped working and it throws an error now.
Actually you helped me to solve this issue before by making changes in php.ini. But i
dont why it happens again.

Error Loading ChartDirector for PHP Extension

It appears this PHP system has not loaded the ChartDirector extension by using an
extension statement in the PHP configuration file (typically called "php.ini"). An attempt
has been made to dynamically load ChartDirector on the fly, but it was not successful.
Please refer to the Installation section of the ChartDirector for PHP documentation on
how to resolve this problem.

Error Log

The version and type of PHP in this system does not support dynmaic loading of PHP
extensions. All PHP extensions must be loaded by using extension statements in the PHP
configuration file.

System Information
Operating System : Linux a2plcpnl0020.prod.iad2.secureserver.net 2.6.32-
531.29.2.lve1.3.11.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Dec 18 06:49:17 EST 2014 x86_64
PHP version : 5.4.43
PHP / Web Server interface : cgi-fcgi
PHP configuration file location : "/usr/local/lib/php.ini"
PHP extension directory : "/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525"

thanks,
techsoft

Re: chart stopped working
Posted by techsoft on Jul-24-2015 17:24
here is the php.ini

extension_dir=/home/stockers123/public_html/ChartDirector/lib
extension=phpchartdir540.dll

Posted by Peter Kwan on Jul-25-2015 01:54
Hi techsoft,

From your message, your PHP is not using your "php.ini" at all.

If you are using the web site that you mentioned to me by email sometime ago, the phpinfo
shows that the PHP is newly compiled on Jul 23. This means the PHP interpreter should have
changed on or after Jul 23. Furthermore, the phpinfo shows that the "php.ini" in your own
directory is not used at all. Instead, the PHP is using the system "php.ini".

I am not sure which hosting plan you are using, but from the web pages of your hosting
company, I found a page that mentions custom "php.ini" is supported and listed out the
directories of the custom "php.ini" for various hosting plans. If the custom "php.ini" does not
work, you may consider to contact the support of your web host for technical support.

Because the information you provided to me before was by private email, I will contact you
by email to discuss the details.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by techsoft on Jul-25-2015 16:39
thanks peter.

Posted by techsoft on Jul-27-2015 15:05
Hi Peter,

I had a chat with godaddy support team but no use. So I need your help regarding this.
I have sent an email to your mail id please check it.

Thanks,
Techsoft

Posted by techsoft on Jul-27-2015 20:24
hi peter,

It starts working now, godaddy changed the settings to previous state and its fine now.

Thanks
Techsoft

Posted by Peter Kwan on Jul-27-2015 20:51
Hi techsoft,

Actually, Godaddy has not changed the settings, but I modified the settings to install
ChartDirector using an alternative method. Please refer to my email to you for the details.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by techsoft on Jul-29-2015 15:18
Hi Peter,

Thank you so much for the help you have done for me.

Thanks
Techsoft

Posted by Oren on Apr-16-2018 13:30
Hi Peter,

I used chartdirector in the past (6 years ago) and i stopped due to difficulties in getting it to work on servers such as GoDaddy.

Can the chartdirector work now in GoDaddy accounts?
If so do you have a document with steps on how to do this?

Regards,
Oren

Posted by Peter Kwan on Apr-17-2018 02:39
Hi Oren,

Because there are many hosting companies, and a typical hosting company has many hosting plans, and they all configure the system differently, so we are unable to keep track of how to install ChartDIrector on different hosting plans of different hosting company.

Anyway, for this particular case, basically I just need to following the instructions in the Installation chapter of the ChartDirector documentation regarding the custom php.ini, and it works. See:

http://www.advsofteng.com/doc/cdphp.htm#phphosting.htm

According to GoDaddy, the user configurable php.ini in their system depends on the hosting plan as follows:

https://hk.godaddy.com/en/help/what-filename-does-my-php-initialization-file-need-to-use-8913

However, in the case in this thread, I found the GoDaddy documentation inaccurate. Instead, I found the real writable "php.ini" using phpinfo.

After setting up the system according to ChartDirector documentation, the last step is to restart the PHP. I found that in the "control pabel" of the hosting plan, there is a button to restart PHP.

Regards
Peter Kwan