ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Apache2 fails to start with phpchartdir700.dll
Posted by Mike Gibbons on Sep-05-2017 12:02
Hello Peter.

I'm setting up a new server with php7 and having trouble.

I have the latest phpchartdir.php and phpchartdir700.dll in the extensions directory.
with the line
extension = phpchartdir700.dll
in my php.ini.

Attempting  to restart Apach2 fails with "Job for apache2.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status apache2.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details."

systemctl is not much help: "apache2.service - LSB: Apache2 web server
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/apache2; bad; vendor preset: enabled)
  Drop-In: /lib/systemd/system/apache2.service.d
           └─apache2-systemd.conf
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2017-09-04 23:54:30 EDT; 6min ago"

If  I comment out the  extension  in  php.ini  Apache starts normally.

Any help you can offer gratefully received.

Re: Apache2 fails to start with phpchartdir700.dll
Posted by Peter Kwan on Sep-05-2017 18:51
Hi Mike,

Would you mind to verify the followings?

(a) Are you using the ChartDirector edition for your PHP operating system architecture? If your PHP is for Linux (x86_64), please make sure you use the ChartDirector for PHP for Linux (x86_64). If your PHP is for i386/i686, please make sure you use the ChartDirector for PHP for Linux (i386/i686).

(b) Have you copied **everything** from ChartDirector/lib to your PHP extension directory? You can use your phpinfo to determine where is the PHP extension directory. You should copy **everything**, not just "phpchartdir700.dll". At least, there should be phpchartdir700.dll, libchartdir.so and the fonts subdirectory. Make sure these files are readable and executable by everyone.

(c) Have you verified you are using the non-thread-safe edition of PHP 7.0 (as opposed to 7.1 or other PHP version)? The phpchart700.dll is for non-thread-safe PHP 7.0. You can use phpinfo to confirm if this is your PHP type.

Apache would keep an error log showing the exact cause of the error. Would you mind to check the Apache error log to see the exact cause of the error?

For your information, if you are using 64-bit Ubuntu version 16, the PHP extension directory for PHP 7 is at /usr/lib/php/20151012. So there should be files like "/usr/lib/php/20151012/phpchartdir700.dll" and "/usr/lib/php/20151012/libchartdir.so". The Apache error log is at "/var/log/apache2".

If you need further help, please provide the following information:

(a) The Linux brand and version you are using.

(b) The "phpinfo" page.

(c) Go to the PHP extension directory, then the followings and inform me of the result:

pwd
ls -l

Regards
Peter Kwan

Re: Apache2 fails to start with phpchartdir700.dll
Posted by Mike Gibbons on Sep-06-2017 01:52
Hi Peter,

I was missing libchartdir.so. Apache is working now.

My mistake was to only scp phpchartdir*.dll and fonts and missed libchartdir.so.

Thanks for  the help.

Mike Gibbons