ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Error Loading ChartDirector for PHP Extension
Posted by Ashok Verma on Nov-08-2017 19:12
I am trying to install Chart Director for PHP in  Ubuntu 13.10 (GNU/Linux 2.6.32-042stab123.9 x86_64). I have loaded dll
files in php extension directory. Also I have added the line extension = "phpchartdir550.dll"
in php.ini file. I have also enabled auto loading in php. I even restarted the system. But I am
stuck with the following error.

Error Loading ChartDirector for PHP Extension

It appears this PHP system has not loaded the ChartDirector extension by using an extension statement in the PHP configuration file (typically called "php.ini"). An attempt has been made to dynamically load ChartDirector on the fly, but it was not successful. Please refer to the Installation section of the ChartDirector for PHP documentation on how to resolve this problem.

Error Log

The version and type of PHP in this system does not support dynmaic loading of PHP extensions. All PHP extensions must be loaded by using extension statements in the PHP configuration file.

System Information

Operating System : Linux securemail.uk.to 2.6.32-042stab123.9 #1 SMP Thu Jun 29 13:01:59 MSK 2017 x86_64
    PHP version : 5.5.3-1ubuntu2.6
    PHP / Web Server interface : apache2handler
    PHP configuration file location : "/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini"
    PHP extension directory : "/usr/lib/php5/20121212"

Can you please look into this issue an ensure me where I went wrong in Installation?

Re: Error Loading ChartDirector for PHP Extension
Posted by Peter Kwan on Nov-08-2017 21:17
Hi Ashok,

Please check the followings:

(a) Are you using the ChartDirector for Linux (x86_64) (the Linux 64-bit one)? According from the error message, your operating system architecture is Linux (x86_64). If your PHP comes with your operating system, its architecture should also be Linux (x86_64). The file should be "chartdir_php_linux_64.tar.gz".

(b) Have you copied "everything" (not just the *.dll, but also the libchartdir.so and the fonts folder) in "ChartDirector/lib" to your PHP extension directory "/usr/lib/php5/20121212"?

(c) Have you checked if the files are readable by Apache? For testing, you may set the files to be readable and executable by "everyone".

(d) Is the "php.ini" you are using is located in "/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini"?

(e) Have you restarted Apache after modifying the "php.ini"? The PHP type in your machine is "apache2handler". For this type of PHP, any modification to "php.ini" is ignored until Apache is restarted.

If the above still cannot solve the problem, please try to look for the error message in the Apache error log. The location of the error log is different for different Linux brands and versions. I think the default location for Ubuntu is "/var/log/apache2/error.log". The error log should contain a line indicating why the "phpchartdir550.dll" cannot be loaded. Please inform me of the error message.

Regards
Peter Kwan