ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Very slow zoom-in & zoom-out
Posted by Eferov Ivan on Nov-21-2017 00:48
If i have very more objects on graph and used zoom-in or zoom-out then there is a strong delay.

How can this be avoided?

I use dll for .Net C# and I display on the chart Japanese candles.

Re: Very slow zoom-in & zoom-out
Posted by Peter Kwan on Nov-22-2017 01:24
Hi Eferov,

Would you mind to clarify how many objects are there on the chart? Also, would you mind to clarify how long is the "strong delay"?

Normally, for a candlestick chart, if the time range is one or two years or less, the data would be daily candlesticks. If the time range is many years, the data would be weekly or monthly candlesticks. if the time range is only one or a few days, it will use hourly or 15- minute or 5-minute candlesticks. (If you look at the charts in the Internet, all of the candlestick charts are drawn this way.)

So there should not be more than a few hundreds candlesticks on the chart. Are you trying to plot daily candlesticks on a chart spanning many years? If this is the case, you may consider to use weekly or monthly data.

Also, if you are using image maps (getHTMLImageMap), please disable it to see if there is any effect on performance.

If the above still does not solve the problem, is it possible to provide an image for the chart so to help me understand how many objects are there on the chart?

Regards
Peter Kwan