ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

X/Y Axis Labels shows Blurry Font
Posted by SAM on Mar-13-2018 11:02
Attachments:
HI,

The text(Labels/Title/Data) on my chart shows Blurry Font/shadow text. But i haven't set any property for that. Can Some one help me to how to avoid that blurry Text. Here is my code.

double[] data0 = {1885141,23041035,2924650,52327763,0,0,22414521,45860952,32475363,3882507};
String[] labels = {"Project 1","Project 2","Project 3","Project 4","Project 5","Project 6","Project 7","Project 8","Project 9","Project 10"};

XYChart c = new XYChart(600, 360);

TextBox title = c.addTitle("Project Bar Chart", "Arial", 15);
title.setMargin2(0, 0, 12, 12);

c.setPlotArea(50, title.getHeight(), c.getWidth() - 65, c.getHeight() - title.getHeight() - 90, 0xFFFFFF, -1,
Chart.Transparent, c.dashLineColor(0x888888, Chart.DotLine));

c.xAxis().setLabels(labels);
c.yAxis().setLabelFormat("${value|0,}");

c.xAxis().setLabelStyle("Arial", 8).setFontAngle(45);

BarLayer layer = c.addBarLayer2();
layer.addDataSet(data0, 0x3498DB);

layer.setAggregateLabelFormat("${value|0,}");

c.packPlotArea(10, title.getHeight(), c.getWidth() - 15, c.layoutLegend().getTopY() - 10);

c.makeChart(fileName);
Multi Bar Chart-3.jpg

Re: X/Y Axis Labels shows Blurry Font
Posted by Peter Kwan on Mar-13-2018 12:26
Hi SAM,

I looked at your chart attached in the forum with my browser. In my browser, the text looks normal and is not blurry. It is like the charts shown in our web site.

Is it possible you are looking at the chart magnified?

The image you attached is in JPG format, 600 x 360 in size. In this format, the chart is like a digital photograph. If you view the chart at say 1800 x 1080, it is like viewing a digital photograph magnified and it will look blurred.

Would you mind to try to look at the chart in the forum using your browser at 100% magnification (that is, not magnified), and check to see if it looks similar to the charts in our web site (http://www.advsofteng.com/gallery.html)?

If you would like to look at the chart at 1800 x 1080, it is better to create the chart as 1800 x 1080 in the first place. Another method is to use a output type that is scalable, such as SVG or PDF, but in this case you need to ensure the viewing system can support such formats. If you are using a browser to view the output (that it, the chart is to be used as a web page), most browsers nowadays support SVG. If you are using the chart to create a PDF report, many PDF generating softwares support insert a PDF chart into a PDF document.

If the above still does not solve the problem, is it possible to inform me how do you view the chart? Is it viewed as part of a web page, or in some controls in a GUI application? It may be useful if you can take a screenshot so I can know how it appears on your screen.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Re: X/Y Axis Labels shows Blurry Font
Posted by SAM on Mar-18-2018 01:12
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the  SVG format works better then JPG.