ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Tooltip
Posted by Norm on Apr-05-2018 02:27
Hi,

Now, with HotSpot function or tolltips, I can displaying hours and value of  data on a little yellow rect when mouse is over a line !

1 = Is it possible to increase a size font ?
2 = Is it possible to display a beaufitul bubble content info instead a little yellow rect ?

Thanks

Re: Tooltip
Posted by Peter Kwan on Apr-05-2018 17:03
Hi Norm,

For classical VB6, the HotSpot tooltips are just standard VB6 tooltips.

For example, if you add a VB6 TextBox to the Form, and set its "ToolTipText" property to "abcd", then when the program runs, the TextBox will display the tooltip "abcd" using the same little yellow rect.

If you would like other tooltips style, you would need to implement the tooltip box with your own code. Usually, this is by handling the "MouseMoveHotSpot" event and display the necessary information in your own the tooltip box implementation.

I have searched the Internet and find an example of a "bubble style" tooltip box implementation at the following page.

http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.asp?ID=5716

May be you can try the code above to see if it can meet you need.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Norm on Apr-07-2018 05:11
Thanks Peter,

But on my software I'm using since long time my own Tooltip function.

It work with many control using different handle for each control  as TextBox, CheckBox, ComboBox, ListView, option etc...

But don't work with ChartViewer control... because a ChartViewer's Handle is egal to 0 !

Is it possible to get  a ChartViewer handle ?

Thanks

Posted by Peter Kwan on Apr-09-2018 11:50
Hi Norm,

In VB6,  lightweight controls (or windowless controls) do not have handles. For example, the VB6 Image control does not have a handle, as it is a lightweight control. The VB6 PictureBox control has a handle, as it is a non-lightweight control.

Unluckily, the ChartViewer is a lightweight control, which is windowless, so it does not have a handle.

Regards
Peter Kwan