ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Extending multi-color line chart to multiple data sets
Posted by KeithB on Jan-23-2024 02:18
I am trying to plot energy usage.
The multi-color line chart is excellent for this since I can plot each rate type "Peak", "Off-Peak"... in a different color.

However, I would like to overlay several days worth of usage on the same graph. Is there an easy way to extend the multi-color line chart this way?

Re: Extending multi-color line chart to multiple data sets
Posted by Peter Kwan on Jan-23-2024 20:30
Attachments:
Hi KeithB,

Would you to clarify exactly how you would like to "overlay" several days worth of usage on the same graph?

Do you mean to draw multiple lines like in a Multi-Line Chart, with each line being multi-color? I have tried to do this with 2 lines (see attached image), and I think the chart would be hard to read if there are many such lines. In brief, you can always add multiple line layers to a chart.

Another way to have multiple lines is to draw them as separate XYChart objects, then combine them together using the MultiChart container. It is like:

https://www.advsofteng.com/doc/cdcpp.htm#realtimemultichart.htm

If you need further help, please let me know which way you would like to "overlay" several days worth of usage on the same graph.

Best Regards
Peter Kwan
test.png

Posted by KeithB on Jan-23-2024 23:39
Attachments:
I am still looking for the best way to present the data. I have attached the data for one day. Since the colors stay the same for each chart, I think it might not be so unreadable.

So For now I want to overlay multiple daily plots, just like you showed.
Untitled.jpg

Posted by KeithB on Jan-23-2024 23:43
Hmm, on second thought that might be too confusing. Is there a way to put a "cursor" line that I can use to differentiate different time "zones"?

Posted by KeithB on Jan-23-2024 23:53
Never mind about the cursor, just found the "zone" example.