ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector General
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Standard Deviation chart
Posted by Abdul Baseer on Jul-20-2006 21:36
Attachments:
I need to plot a chart that shows the standard deviation curve. Plus I need to shade some area under the curve as well .. Can i do it using ChartDirector ? If yes then please tell me how. Thanks !
stddev.jpg

Re: Standard Deviation chart
Posted by Peter Kwan on Jul-21-2006 04:25
Attachments:
Hi Abdul,

I am not too sure what you mean by "standard deviation curve", as standard deviation is not a curve, but a single number. Do you mean "normal distribution curve" or some sort of standard curve?

You can plot any curve in ChartDirector can shaded the region under it as well. The normal distribution curve is very easy to plot, because it is just a constant curve. You can look up the points on the curve using a standard statistics table.

I have attached a simple example written in ASP/VBScript for your reference.

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan
normaldist.asp
normaldist.asp

1.08 Kb

normaldist.png

Posted by Abdul Baseer on Jul-21-2006 20:14
Hi Peter, I'm sorry I forgot to mention the word 'Bell curve'. Yes it solves my problem. But can I do the same using ASP.net 2.0?
Peter Kwan wrote:
> Hi Abdul,
>
> I am not too sure what you mean by "standard deviation curve", as standard deviation is not a curve, but a single number. Do you mean "normal distribution curve" or some sort of standard curve?
>
> You can plot any curve in ChartDirector can shaded the region under it as well. The normal distribution curve is very easy to plot, because it is just a constant curve. You can look up the points on the curve using a standard statistics table.
>
> I have attached a simple example written in ASP/VBScript for your reference.
>
> Hope this can help.
>
> Regards
> Peter Kwan

Posted by Peter Kwan on Jul-21-2006 22:35
Hi Abdul,

Yes. The same charting code will work for ASP.NET 2.0 as well, after the syntax translation. The ChartDirector API is the same for all programming languages.

If for some reason you cannot translate the code, please let me know what is your programming language (VB.NET or C#?).

Regards
Peter Kwan