ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

add viewportcontrol to multichart in qt
Posted by Lee on Apr-01-2023 23:13
Hi Peter
hope you are doing well.

I have two question as follows:
1. I am using real-time MultiChart in Qt and need to add viewPortControl (Like  realtimeviewport extra example) under each XYChart. i try to do this by adding drawFullChart function to realtimemultichat class but it only draw one chart.

2. when i use addchart function to draw a chart right side of first one, the multiTrackLine don't work well and draw trackbox on left chart.

I would be very appreciated if you could help me to find solution.
Thanks

Re: add viewportcontrol to multichart in qt
Posted by Lee on Apr-02-2023 22:46
Hi Peter
I could solve my second question but i still have problem to add viewportcontrol to each char.

Re: add viewportcontrol to multichart in qt
Posted by Peter Kwan on Apr-03-2023 15:16
Hi Lee,

The viewportcontrol is like a scrollbar with a background image. The background image can anything. In the sample code we use a chart displaying the full data range as the background image for the scrollbar.

I think there will be issues if we put multiple scrollbars in the middle of a chart (which can be a MultiChart). It may be better to put the scrollbar (viewportcontrol) at the bottom like in the sample code. The background of the viewportcontrol can be a smaller MultiChart showing the full data range of data. In this way, the viewportcontrol can show the full range of all the charts. Would this be an acceptable?

Regards
Peter Kwan