ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

method (“netcharrtdir!chartDirector.BaseChart.MakeTmpFile”) trigger GC collection?
Posted by Raghavendra Babu K on Jun-24-2024 18:00
Hi,

I'm using ChartDirector to plot charts, I came to know that method (“netcharrtdir!chartDirector.BaseChart.MakeTmpFile”) a GC collection was triggered.

When GC is triggered, all of the managed threads in my application is getting locked.

Is there a way to handle not to trigger GC collection?

Thanks,
Raghu

Re: method (“netcharrtdir!chartDirector.BaseChart.MakeTmpFile”) trigger GC collection?
Posted by Peter Kwan on Jun-25-2024 02:57
Hi Raghu,

I have just tested myself. In my case, the makeTmpFile does not trigger GC collection.

I created a test program with a button. When I press the button, it will call makeTmpFile. I use the Visual Studio Diagnostic Tools to monitor the memory. This tool can show when GC occurs. The CG just occurs somewhat randomly, which is normal, and does not seem to be correlated with the push button.

Would you mind to clarify how do you know when the GC occurs, and that the GC is caused by makeTmpFile?

It normal for GC to occur if there is insufficient memory left. In the Diagnostic Tools, you can check to see if the GC occurs normally. Creating a chart can use a large amount of memory if it contains a large number of data points or a large number of pixels.

Best Regards
Peter Kwan