1. How is ChartDirector licensed?
We offer two types of license:
2. What type of license do I need?
If you have one or a few computers (less than 5) using ChartDirector, the best option is to purchase one ChartDirector Developer license per computer. The "Developer License" is good for development and production use.
If you deploy your software to a large number of computers, you need the ChartDirector Redistribute License. This license is for redistributing the ChartDirector runtime to an unlimited number of computers.
Note that the ChartDirector Redistribute License is for the ChartDirector runtime only and is not for ChartDirector development use. Each computer that performs development using ChartDirector still needs a ChartDirector Developer License.
If you deploy your software to just a few computers, it may be more economical to use one ChartDirector Developer License per computer, rather than to use the ChartDirector Redistribute License.
3. My development server and production server are the same computer. Do I need one or two licenses?
Since there is only one computer, one ChartDirector Developer License is needed. The "Developer License" is also good for production use.
4. ChartDirector is running on a single web server only. Multiple developers are developing software on that server. How many licenses are needed?
Since there is only one computer running ChartDirector, one ChartDirector Developer License is needed. You can have as many developers as you like.
5. How to define if ChartDirector is "running" on a computer or not?
ChartDirector is "running" on a computer if the computer's CPU is executing ChartDirector software.
6. I use multiple versions of ChartDirector (PHP, ASP, etc.) on the same computer. How many licenses are required?
Since there is only one computer running ChartDirector, one ChartDirector Developer License is needed.
7. What is your upgrade policy?
All ChartDirector licenses include one year free upgrade, and we guarantee for at least one upgrade. In other words, if no new software version comes out within the 1 year upgrade period, the upgrade period will be extended until a new version is available. (However, from our past release history, the time between version releases was always less than one year.)