ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector General
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

URGENT : Getting Error Can't locate perlchartdir.pm in @INC
Posted by Prathib Kumar on Feb-22-2006 23:21
Hi

I have downloaded the " Chart director for perl for linux " and extracted the files. When I m trying to run the files in perldemo directory, It is throwing the following error message.

"Can't locate perlchartdir.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 .) at symbolline.pl line 2.  "

How do I need to make it executed. Pls help me on this issue.

Re: URGENT : Getting Error Can't locate perlchartdir.pm in @INC
Posted by Peter Kwan on Feb-23-2006 02:45
Hi Prathib,

It may mean that may be you have not installed ChartDirector for Perl in your system.

Just unzipping or untar the ChartDirector distribution does not automatically install ChartDirector. There are several methods to install ChartDirector. The details are described in the Installation section of the ChartDirector documentation.

For example, one method is to simply copy everything in "ChartDirector/lib" to one of the Perl module directory of your choice.

From the error message you attached, it seems "/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0" is one of the Perl module subdirectory in your system, so you may use:

cp -R ChartDirector/lib/* /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0

After that, please double confirm the that files in "ChartDirector/lib" are in fact copied to "/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0" (just to ensure there is no typo mistake when entering the command).

Then you may try to run the scripts in "perldemo".

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Prashant on Mar-15-2006 12:04

I am getting error on the time of running the chartdirctor tool on linux OS i.e. "main"  thread is not  found. So if possible solve this error.

Posted by Peter Kwan on Mar-15-2006 15:16
Hi Prashant,

Would you mind to provide me with the exact error message?

If the error message is something like "Can't locate perlchartdir.pm in @INC", it means your Perl cannot locate ChartDirector. This is because ChartDirector is not in the Perl include path. The solution is to copy ChartDirector (all files and subdirectory in "ChartDirector/lib") to your Perl include path (one of the directory listed in @INC), or to the same directory as the running script.

For example:

cp -R ChartDirector/lib/* /your/perl/inc/path

(Please replace /your/perl/include/path to the actual Perl include path of your system.)

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by seafree on May-04-2016 00:49
Hi, I have the same Error, I followed your instructions  but the ERROR continue.

Could you help me with that please?

Thanks a lot.

Regards
seafree

Posted by Peter Kwan on May-05-2016 01:24
In case anyone is reading this thread, it is continued in the following thread:

http://www.chartdir.com/forum/download_thread.php?site=chartdir&bn=chartdir_support&thread=1462296543