ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector General
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Help me out..
Posted by Abu Turab Munir Khurram on Mar-07-2008 18:42
hi all
i m using chartDirector.jar, its a registered/licensed .jar file, everything i have done according to instruction is doing very-well so far, but the little problem i m facing is that, when the graph is shown on the page, right after the graph image a line with yellow back ground appears saying "chartDirector(unregistered) from www.advsofteng.com"
can any body help me please....
why this line appearing i m using licensed copy...
thanks in advance
Turab.

Re: Help me out..
Posted by Peter Kwan on Mar-08-2008 03:53
Hi Abu,

There are several common reasons:

(a) The "chartdir.lic" does not exist or does not include the correct license key.

(b) The "chartdir.lic" is not an ASCII file. (I have seen some people using 2 byte Unicode to create the file instead of ASCII.)

(c) The "chartdir.lic" exists but is not readable by the JSP web server due to security reasons.

(d) The "chartdir.lic" exists but is not in the Java class path as visible from "ChartDirector.jar", so it cannot be located.

(e) In some rare cases (mostly with IBM Java), one may need to add an empty space after the end of the license key for it to work. (I guess this is probably a bug in certain brands and versions of Java.)

(f) The license key is for Windows/Linux/FreeBSD, but your server is running other OS (Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, Mac OS X, etc).

To diagnose the issue, please kind follow the instructions in http://www.advsofteng.com/license_diag.html. If this still does not solve the problem, please inform me what is the result of the cdinfo.jsp test (if you are using ChartDirector in a JSP web server), or the getBootLog message (if you are using ChartDirector on a desktop program).

If the diagnostic message says the license file cannot be found, it is because the "chartdir.lic" is not in the Java class path. In this case, would you mind to inform me the full directory path that you put "chartdir.lic" in, and also the full directory path that you put "ChartDirector.jar" in.

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Abu Turab Munir Khurram on Mar-10-2008 18:22
Dear Peter,
I found the solution form the website regarding to license guide u provided me, the simplest solution i found there form all the other solution is to use the following line into JSP/Java file

Chart.setLicenseCode("Key_goes_here");

and then that yellow label is not appearing...

:)

Thank you for your kind help,

Turab

Posted by AB on Sep-30-2015 02:26
I'm struggling to put this into my day1 testdrive code; I've picked up the 3d pie chart documented in the javadoc cdjava.htm#threeddonut.htm file - and the essence is

private void createChart(data,labels) throws... {
  ChartViewer viewer = new ChartViewer();
  PieChart c = new PieChart(600, 320);
  c.setData(data, labels);
  viewer.setChart(c);
  String s0 = "D:\\tmp\\";
  String createdFilename  =  c.makeTmpFile(s0,0,600);
}

... so where does Chart.SetLicenceCode("XXXX") come in?

Any suggestions?
Thanks
AB

Posted by Peter Kwan on Sep-30-2015 04:29
Hi AB,

The Chart.setLicenseCode just can be put anywhere you like, so long as it runs before
creating the chart. In a Java application, there is usually an entry point, such as the "public
static void main(String[] args)" function. You can put the Chart.setLicenseCode there. Of
course, for your case, you can also put it as the first line of createChart.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Abu Turab Munir Khurram on Mar-10-2008 18:24
Hi Peter,
you are great!
again thanx

Regards,

Turab