ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector General
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Arabic language support in chartdirector for java
Posted by Aasif Iqbal on Oct-31-2014 14:48
Hello Dear,

I need to display labels in Arabic language at my jsp pages using Chart Director, but it seems that Chart Director for java doesn't support Arabic language alignment i.e. from right to left.Also it is displaying each an every characters as separate.I have also downloaded the lasted version i.e. 5.1.1 but still getting the issue.Could you please help me out.

Thanks,
Aasif Iqbal

Re: Arabic language support in chartdirector for java
Posted by Peter Kwan on Nov-01-2014 02:59
Attachments:
Hi Aasif Iqbal,

Bi-directional text layout (including Arabic) should have been supported since ChartDirector

I have attached an example and the resulting image for your reference. I personally am not
familiar with Arabic, but the text rendered in the chart seems fine when compared with
similar text I found in the Internet. The characters are from right to left and appear to be
connected.

Please kindly test the attached "symbolline.jsp" to see if it works in your machine. (I used
UTF8 encoding for the "symbolline.jsp" file.) If the attached file does not display Arabic
correctly, please add the following line to confirm the ChartDirector version you are using:

Version = <%=String.format("%x", Chart.getVersion())%>

The first 3 digits of the version number displayed above should be 501 if you are using
ChartDirector 5.1 or above.

If the attached "symbolline.jsp" works, but the Arabic does not render correctly in your own
code, is it possible to provide an example using hard coded data, so that I can try to
reproduce the problem?

Regards
Peter Kwan
getchart.png
symbolline2.jsp
symbolline2.jsp

2.62 Kb

Re: Arabic language support in chartdirector for java
Posted by Aasif Iqbal on Nov-05-2014 16:48
Hi Peter ,

Thanks for the update.It worked.
Yeppeeeeee......