ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector General
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

New Version 6
Posted by Ray Kissen on Dec-06-2014 17:36
Hi Peter,

...now we have nearly christmas... When can we expect CD 6 as proposed in december?

Regards,
Ray

Re: New Version 6
Posted by Peter Kwan on Dec-09-2014 04:03
Hi Ray,

Based on current progress, I think we can only get a beta version of ChartDirector for .NET
version 6 in late December. The official release would likely to be delayed until Q1 2015.

Regards,
Peter Kwan

Posted by Daniel on Dec-09-2014 23:11
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the feedback on the progress:)

We all understand that you may not wish to offer too much guidance to competitors. Hence the limited information on the additional functionality brought to the coming chartdir 6. However, I am sure that quite a few would welcome information on the functionality ahead of its availalibity. When that suits ASE of course:)

Daniel

Posted by Ray Kissen on Apr-19-2015 16:41
Hi Peter,

as you maybe remember we have already ordered version 6 for C++ (MFC) VS2008 and
got the answer that the CD6 appears on the end of march. Now, I have to start with a new
project. Makes it sense to wait on CD6?

Regards,
Ray

Posted by Steve on Apr-21-2015 02:32
Also interested if Ver. 6 has a release date yet.

Posted by Peter Kwan on Apr-21-2015 02:51
Hi Ray,

The ChartDirector for C++ version 6 will probably be available shortly (within this month). If
you would like to start the project now, you can start with the ChartDirector 5 distribution.
When ChartDirector 6 is available, you just need to replace the DLL and the header files
with that from ChartDirector 6.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Ray Kissen on Apr-29-2015 16:19
Hi Peter,

Thank you for this info. That means, the new version CD6 appears this week. Then I will
wait for that...

Regards,
Ray

Posted by Peter Kwan on May-01-2015 05:38
Hi Ray,

We have just uploaded the Windows 32-bit edition of ChartDirector for C++ 6.0 to our web
site. We will continue to release other editions as we complete their QA testing. We have
set up a temporary web page for downloading the available release:

http://www.advsofteng.com/cd60staging.html

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Daniel on May-01-2015 23:56
Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for the resource you made available to-day. I am mostly interested in the pdf output format. Glad I was able to get into the help file and get the picture clear.

I appreciate the good work you brought into this stuff. The pdf option set - ie setOutputOptions settings - will most certainly fit the bill for many of us. The dpi attribute tuning is great. A nice fit! Looking forward for the public availability of the whole stuff:)

Daniel

Posted by Ray Kissen on May-02-2015 01:29
Hi Peter,

Stupid question after testing CD6 MFC samples: Can not see anything new! What do you
have done the last 6 years?

Regards,
Ralf

Posted by Ray Kissen on May-02-2015 01:30
Hi Peter,

Stupid question after testing CD6 MFC samples: Can not see anything new! What do you

Regards,
Ralf

Posted by Ray Kissen on May-02-2015 01:31
Hi Peter,

Regards,
Ralf

Posted by Peter Kwan on May-05-2015 00:14
Hi Ray,

Please ensure you have downloaded from the staging web page below, not from our main
download page. The package in our main download page has not yet been updated. The
ChartDirector 6.0 is currently only available from our staging page:

To double confirm, compared to the MFC sample code in the 2014 release (of which the
chartdir51.dll is 5.1.1.1), in the MFC examples, there should be two new projects
"viewportcontrol" and "realtimezoomscroll". They demonstrates the new Viewport Control
introduced in ChartDirector 6, and the new API to facilitate createing realtime charts that
are zoomable and scrollable. These examples also have a "Save" button to allow you to
save the charts as PDF, SVG, PNG, JPG, GIF or BMP. This is to demonstrate own new PDF
support. If you do not see these sample code, it may not be the ChartDirector 6.0
release. The version in our main download page is ChartDirector 5.1.

In addition, the XY Zooming and Scroll examples are updated to use the Viewport control
instead of the original "Navigation Pad", and it has the "Save" button too. This
demonstrates the 2D scrolling and zooming capabilities of the Viewport control.

The mouse wheel zooming and scrolling has now been integrated into the CChartViewer,
so the sample code is simplified by removing the mouse wheel handling part of the code.

For the main MFC sample code "mfcdemo", there should be a lot more examples for
meters compared to the previous versions. There are now bar meters in additional to
pointer based meters. The meters are created with new APIs that can add various color
scales (including the less commonly seen angular color scales), glares, thick borders, new
style pointers, floating pointers, circle segments and various gradient effects. Other new
sample charts demonstrate bars and box-whisker symbols with rounded corners, box-
whisker symbols with bar-like shading effects, arrow symbols with offset (in the finance
chart with "Buy" and "Sell" signals), new methods to specify color scales and new type of
color legends for contour charts, etc.. I think in previous versions of ChartDirector, the
total number of charts in mfcdemo is less than 300 (note: some sample code can create
multiple charts). In the current version, it is over 400.

The meters sample code now uses truly transparent backgrounds. This is to demonstrate
that the CChartViewer now supports true alpha channel transparency. (Like all other
standard MFC sample code, the previous CChartViewer control is not truly transparent,
and we simply draw the charts using the same background color as the form background.
This works if there is no other object behind the chart except the form background. With
true transparency support, you can put objects behind the charts, or to use a form
background that contains an image.)

There are also a number of other features related to web applications (such as support of
touch based device), interaction support for SVG output, download as attachment for
PDF, etc., but they are not relevant for the C++ edition of ChartDirector.

We will include a release note in a web site soon to list our the new features.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Ray Kissen on May-05-2015 02:09
Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for your extensive response! I will definitely keep everything you
said in mind!

I was so clever that I had downloaded the version 6 from

But, I thought there would be more new charts, like Manhattan bar Charts, and so on?

Regards,
Ray

Posted by Daniel on May-05-2015 12:29
Hi Peter,

May I add my thanks to Ray's ones:)

No emergency here. But I certainly will have extensive use for your vectorial-pdf support and will eagerly wait for the availability of the win32 COM-based CD!

Thanks for your great work

Daniel