ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector General
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

How to remove the axis of chart and real time updation of table
Posted by Mikey on Dec-12-2014 20:21
Attachments:
hello

I want  to remove the upper x-axis and right y-axis from the chart, how to do that.

I also want to update a table which is refreshed whenever the chart refreshes, how to do
that also .My JSP code for chart updation is
ALARMREALTIME.jsp
ALARMREALTIME.jsp

1.69 Kb

Re: How to remove the axis of chart and real time updation of table
Posted by Peter Kwan on Dec-13-2014 03:05
Hi Mikey,

As you have not provided your charting code "AutomaticAlarm.jsp", I am not exactly sure if
you would really want to remove the upper x-axis and right y-axis, or if you would like to
remove the plot area border.

In brief, if you have not used the upper x-axis or right y-axis, there would not be such an
axis in your chart, and so you do not need to remove it. If you do use those axes, but you
do not want people to see them, you can remove them by setting their colors to
transparent (using Axis.setColors).

If what you mean is to remove the plot area border, you can set it to transparent or the
same color as the chart background. The plot area border color can be configured using
setPlotArea (the 7th parameter is the border color). There are a number of ChartDirector
sample code that demonstrates charts without the plot area border. For example, see the
"Soft Multi-Bar Chart" sample code.

http://www.advsofteng.com/doc/cdjava.htm#softmultibar.htm

For updating the HTML table, as ChartDirector is a charting program, it can only draw charts
and update the charts. It cannot create or update other parts of your web page, such as
your HTML table. You would need to use your own code to update them.

(If I were you, I will just use XMLHttpRequest to ask your server for the data, and the
parse them, and update the table. You may find examples by searching the web.)

Regards
Peter Kwan