ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector General
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

phpchartdir
Posted by ajarstring on Jan-30-2015 01:40
This file has become increasingly hard to find (phpchartdir540.dll specifically) and now even google can't. One would think the php distro would include it since its upgrade is the source of the necessity - the 540 needs to be updated at the same time. Diffusion of responsibility ^oo^

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: ChartDirector PHP API: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20121212
PHP    compiled with module API=20100525
These options need to match
in Unknown on line 0
PHP 5.4.37 (cgi-fcgi) (built: Jan 21 2015 01:59:37)
Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group

Re: phpchartdir
Posted by Peter Kwan on Jan-31-2015 00:04
Hi ajarstring,

You may download the latest version of "ChartDirector for PHP" for your operating system
from our web site and use it to replace your existing version. For example, if you are using
PHP on 32-bit Linux (i386/i686), please download "ChartDirector for PHP for Linux
(i386/i686). If you are uisng PHP on 64-bit Linux (x86_64), please download "ChartDirector
for PHP for Linux (x86_64).

Like many open source software, PHP is not backwards binary compatible. It means any PHP
extension (which is a dynamic library or shared object) that works with PHP 5.3 will not
work with PHP 5.4. The extension has to be recompiled for PHP 5.4. It implies if the PHP
extension was downloaded before PHP 5.4 exists, it cannot possibly work with PHP 5.4.

Zend (the company that develops PHP) only include some common PHP extensions (like
MySQL drivers) in the PHP distribution. All third party PHP extensions, such as ChartDirector,
would need to be upgraded when the PHP is upgraded.

Personally, I think the ideal solution is for PHP to maintain backwards binary compatibility,
but in real life, most open source scripting languages (PHP, Perl, Python) are not backwards
binary compatible.

For ChartDirector, we are committed to support the latest PHP version and all PHP versions
released within the past 10 years.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Re: phpchartdir
Posted by ajarstring on Feb-05-2015 01:46
Thank you; that was most helpful.