ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector General
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

ChartDir install on PHP 5.4.x extensions dir .so error
Posted by Richard on Oct-07-2015 01:39
Hi,

I've tried 3 times to install ChartDirector on my Linux box (CentOS 6) and get the following error when running strace:

"PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Invalid library (maybe not a PHP library) '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/libchartdir.so'"

The box is not shared and it is not thread safe. The packed distro is the correct one for my box.

Yes, I have updated php.ini with the correct .dll include and yes, I restart apache after each install.

I've sent this issue upstream to my managed account sysadmins and they recommend coming back to the developer. Figured I'd take a shot here at the forum first. Thanks!

-Erv

Re: ChartDir install on PHP 5.4.x extensions dir .so error
Posted by Peter Kwan on Oct-08-2015 00:55
Hi Richard,

The "libchartdir.so" is not a PHP library and should not be included in "php.ini". According to
the documentation, you should include "phpchartdir???.dll", in which "???" depends on your
PHP version. Also, everything in "ChartDirector/lib" (including all ".dll" and ".so" and the fonts
subdirectory) should be copied to your PHP extension directory
"/usr/local/lib/php/extensions". Note that even "libchartidir.so" is not a PHP extension, it
must still be copied to the PHP extension directory, because the PHP extension
"phpchartdir???.dll" depends on it.

Also, please make sure you are using an edition of ChartDirector for PHP that matches your
PHP architecture. For example, if your PHP is for Linux (x86_64), you need to use
ChartDirector for PHP for Linux (x86_64). If your PHP is for Linux (i386/i686), you need to
use the corresponding ChartDirector for PHP.

If you can create a guest account for me to allow me to upload files to your system, I can
install ChartDirector for you. You may email me at pkwan@advsofteng.net.

Regards
Peter Kwan