ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector General
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Chart Director with signalrCore
Posted by ejaz on Feb-13-2021 15:59
Is there any option to integrate it with signalR Core to make a realtime chart. I will get chunk of data after every second via signalrR connection. i want to update the chart on the basis of recieved data. is it possible?

Re: Chart Director with signalrCore
Posted by Peter Kwan on Feb-16-2021 02:24
Hi Elaz,

I have not used signalR Core before. For your case, I assume the data from signalR Core comes from a server different from the server that generates the chart. In this case, when you receive the data, you can request the server to update the chart. In the request, you can include the new data as custom attributes, so the server can append the data to the chart.

(If the signalR Core is coming from the same server that generates the chart, the server already has the data, so it can always send the most updated chart to your client.)

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by ejaz on Feb-18-2021 01:11
the data will come from same server. What i want is a real time chart,
What signalr will do is, It'll send the new data coming from source to the browser, not to the server, I want a way to update the chart at browser side, currently the chart is updated at server side.

Posted by Peter Kwan on Feb-18-2021 15:02
Hi ejaz,

ChartDirector charting code runs on the server side. To update the code at the browser side, the browser needs to send a request to the server to to receive an updated the chart.

There are some real time code examples included in ChartDirector. They work by using a timer to periodically ask the server for an updated chart. For your case, instead of using a timer, your code can ask the server for an updated chart when new data arrive.

Regards
Peter Kwan