ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Chartdirector install
Posted by Michael on Mar-10-2015 01:44
Hi,

I installed chartdirector for windows and am getting error cannot find file rubycdapi191.so
even though it is in the correct vendor search path. I go to the path where it can't load the rubycdapi191.so file from and it's there.

Is this because chartdirector is not supported in ruby 2.0 ? Thanks.

Re: Chartdirector install
Posted by Peter Kwan on Mar-11-2015 05:14
Hi Michael,

Currently, only the Linux (i386), Linux (x86_64) and Mac OS X editions of "ChartDirector for
Ruby" can support Ruby 2.0 and 2.1. The other OS editions can only support up to Ruby

Regards
Peter Kwan

Still no support for Ruby 2.x (2.2, 2.3, 2.4) on Windows for ChartDirector?
Posted by Jefferson on Dec-10-2017 23:14
Is there still no support for Ruby 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 in Windows?

I'm seeing the:
The specified module could not be found.   -  rubycdapi22.so (LoadError)

When the .so is in the proper path...

Re: Still no support for Ruby 2.x (2.2, 2.3, 2.4) on Windows for ChartDirector?
Posted by Peter Kwan on Dec-12-2017 05:15
Hi Jefferson,

The Windows edition of ChartDirector for Ruby should support Ruby 2.2. In the distribution, the "rubycdapi22.so" should be in the directory "ChartDirector/railsdemo/vendor/rubycdapi22.so". If you install ChartDirector for Ruby using the "install.rb" in the "ChartDirector" directory, it should copy all the ".so" to a directory in your Ruby search path so that the Ruby interpreter can find it.

Note that ChartDirector for Ruby on Windows currently only supports 32-bit Ruby. (32-bit Ruby can run on both 32-bit Windows and 64-bit Windows.)  If you use the 64-bit Ruby, the operating system would be unable to load the rubycdapi22.so and this will result in the "Load Error".

For testing, please make sure you are using 32-bit Ruby 2.2.

If you need to use Ruby 2.3, please let me know. We also have a patch that can work with Ruby 2.3.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Sarah Campbell on Oct-31-2019 05:51
What about Ruby 2.5 and 2.6. Do you have .so files that work for them?

Posted by Peter Kwan on Nov-01-2019 00:08
Hi Sarah,

We have just compiled the shared objects for Ruby 32-bit Windows for Ruby 2.3 to 2.6. You can download the latest distribution from:

https://www.advsofteng.com/chartdir_ruby_win32.zip

If you are upgrading from an existing ChartDirector installation, remember you need to include both the new shared objects as well as using the new "chartdirector.rb".

Regards
Peter Kwan