ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Unable to load dynamic library phpchartdir560.dll
Posted by Fabien on Jul-08-2018 22:33
Hello,

I am a beginner with library "PHPChartDirector".
When I try to run my PHP script, I have an error message : "Unable to load dynamic library 'phpchartdir560.dll' - %1 is not a valid Win32 application"
I am using PHP 5.6.36, and I only work in command line (no web server is attached to PHP)
I want to use PHPChartDirector to create JPG files graphics.
Do you have an idea of what occur ?
Thank you in advance
Best regards
Fabien

Re: Unable to load dynamic library phpchartdir560.dll
Posted by Peter Kwan on Jul-09-2018 19:46
Hi Fabien,

Usually, it is because you are using PHP for 32-bit Windows, but the ChartDirector is for 64-bit Windows, or you are using PHP for 64-bit Windows, but the ChartDirector is for 32-bit Windows.

A lot of machines are using 64-bit Windows nowadays. However, most of the PHP distributions are for 32-bit Windows. It is because 32-bit PHP can run on both 32-bit Windows and 64-bit Windows, but 64-bit PHP can only run on 64-bit Windows. So 32-bit PHP can work with more machines.

If you are using 32-bit PHP, please make sure you use "ChartDirector for 32-bit PHP", even if your operating system is 64-bit Windows. The 32-bit/64-bit must match with your PHP, not your Windows.

Of course, the reverse is also true. If you are using 64-bit PHP, please use "ChartDirector for 64-bit PHP".

If you are not sure which whether your command line PHP is 32-bit or 64-bit, please enter:

php -i | more

in the first few lines of the result, you should see a line about the "System". It is something like:

System => Windows NT xxxxx 6.1 build 7601 (Windows 7 Business Edition Service
Pack 1) AMD64

If at the end of the line you see AMD64, it is 64-bit PHP. If at the end of the line, you see i586 or i686, it is 32-bit PHP.

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwa