ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Install php ChartDirector in Laragon
Posted by Marco on Jul-13-2018 20:48
Hi! Has anyone tried installing the php ChartDirector on Laragon?

I tried but did not get the error log says the file: phpchartdir710.dll is not a valid Win32 file.

I tried both versions (32/64) and the error log generated the same message.

My scenery
Windows 10 64bit
Apache 2.4.27 Win64 VC14
PHP 7.1.17-Win32-VC14-x64

Thanks if anyone can help me.

Re: Install php ChartDirector in Laragon
Posted by Peter Kwan on Jul-14-2018 00:02
Hi Marco,

The error message usually means the PHP is 64-bit, but the phpchartdir710.dll is 32-bit, or vice versa.

I have just tried myself with the latest version of Laragon just downloaded from Laragon's web site. I followed the instructions as according to the installation section of the ChartDirector documentation, and ChartDirector worked normally in my test.

Here is what I have done:

(a) Install Laragon using all defaults. The Laragon is installed at c:laragon in my case.

(b) Download ChartDirector for PHP for 64-bit Windows. Unzip the download and copy the "ChartDirector" directory to "c:laragonwwwrootChartDirector".

(d) Copy all DLLs (both phpchartdir710.dll and chartdir.dll and other DLLs) from ChartDirector/lib to "c:laragonbinphpphp-7.1.14-Win32-VC14-x64ext" (this the PHP extension directory in lavagon).

(e) Edit the "c:laragonbinphpphp-7.1.14-Win32-VC14-x64php.ini", find the last extension line (which is "extension=php_xsl.dll" in my case), and then add the line below:

extension=phpchartdir710.dll

In the Laragon Menu, please select Menu/PHP/Extensions and verify that Laragon can see the extension "phpchartdir710.dll" and it is checked.

(f) Restart Laragon and go to http://localhost/ChartDirector/phpdemo. I tried the sample code and it worked correctly.

If it does not work, please check if the "php.ini" is modified to include the line "extension=phpchartdir710.dll". During my test, I found that Lavagon may automatically overwrite php.ini with the default php.ini. I tried a few times before I can make Laragon not to overwrite the modified "php.ini".

Please make sure you are using ChartDirector for PHP for 64-bit Windows. In my laragon download, the PHP is 64-bit.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Re: Install php ChartDirector in Laragon
Posted by Marco on Jul-14-2018 00:36
Ok!

I tray it and now php chartdirector works fine.

tks