ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Multi Chart Zoom functionality
Posted by Yati Malik on Jul-18-2018 20:47
I have created a multi- chart, and added two XY-charts in it. I want to zoom-In and zoom-Out both the XY-charts individually. But i can't find any functionality supporting this feature.
Please help me out to provide zoom-In and zoom-out functionalities in a multi-chart.

Thanks, and Regards

Re: Multi Chart Zoom functionality
Posted by Peter Kwan on Jul-19-2018 03:02
Hi Yati,

By "zooming the two charts individually", does it means the two charts can be zoomed independently? For example, one chart can zoom by 200%, while another chart by 130%.

If the two charts can be zoomed independently, you would need to use two charts with two chart viewers. (instead of combining them into one MultiChart). You can put the two charts in the same window or web page.

If the two charts are zoomed synchronously (that is, they always zoom at the same level), then it is possible to use a MultiChart with one chart viewer if the charts are stacked vertically like in a financial chart.

If you need further help, would you mind to inform me which programming language edition of ChartDirector you are using, and whether you are writing a desktop or web application and the GUI or web framework used (eg. such as C++/MFC, C#/WPF,C# ASP.NET, ...).

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Yati Malik on Jul-19-2018 14:09
Hi Peter

Thanks for the reply.

I am not also able to zoom both the charts simultaneously. I am working on desktop application using C# and window form. Multi-chart do not zoom-In or Zoom-Out at all.
I have already subscribed to the zoom-In and Zoom-out events.
Is it possible to add a view port in multi-chart corresponding to only one chart of the Multi-chart. And view-port should not zoom, if we zoom the multi-chart.

If we can zoom both the charts simultaneously, then it would be of great help.

Please help me out with this.

Thanks, and Regards

Yati Malik

Posted by Peter Kwan on Jul-20-2018 05:06
Attachments:
Hi Yati,

I started from the "Simple Zooming and Scrolling" Windows Forms sample code, and modify it to use a MultiChart, and it works normally. I have attached the modified "Simple Zooming and Scrolling" sample code for your reference. To try it, please copy the files to the "ChartDirectorNetWinChartsCSharpWinCharts" subdirectory to replace the original "Simple Zooming and Scrolling" sample code files. The run the "NetWinCharts" solution and choose the "Simple Zooming and Scrolling example".

Basically, instead of using one XYChart, I created two XYChart objects, and put them into a MultiChart, and display the MultiChart. It works normally and can zoom and scroll.

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan
winforms_multichart_zoom.zip

6.52 Kb

Posted by Yati Malik on Jul-23-2018 16:22
Hi Peter

Thanks a lot for your time. It is working now.

Great.

Thanks, And Regards

Yati Malik

Posted by Yati Malik on Jul-23-2018 16:30
Hi Peter

Can you please help me out with a track line with the legend in the above multi-chart. I tried adding a track line. But it comes only on one chart, not on both the charts.

Thanks

Yati Malik

Posted by Peter Kwan on Jul-24-2018 01:43
Attachments:
Hi Yati,

You need to use a loop to add the track line to the multiple XYCharts contained in the MultiChart. I have updated my previous email to include track lines for your reference.

Regards
Peter Kwan

7.80 Kb