ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Axis Labels
Posted by John Nelson on Aug-03-2018 23:07
I am trying to remove the axis labels but when I do then the linear scale is affected.

I'll proved two code snippets one that works and one that does not - i need to sue both....

Here is a code snipett that works

String[] yLabels = {"0%", "10%", "20%", "30%", "40%", "50%", "60%", "70%", "80%", "90%", "100%"};

if((chartType.equals("cost"))||(chartType.equals("factored")))

{

String[] yLabels2 = {"", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", ""};

yLabels = yLabels2;

}

c.yAxis().setLinearScale(0.0, 100.0, yLabels);

yLabels = null;

I need one that does not change the linear scale as well...

This does not work...

if((chartType.equals("cost"))||(chartType.equals("factored")))

{

String[] yLabels2 = {"", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", ""};

c.yAxis().setLabels(yLabels);
             }

I've also tries the yLables array with spaces like " " - and it still will not work

Any help removing the labels without affecting the scale?

Re: Axis Labels
Posted by John Nelson on Aug-04-2018 05:43
The big picture is that I'm trying to have a title by usung axis.setTtile("my title")

but not have the axis labels.

I got rid of both by using setColors(textcolor, transparent) - but I do want the title and just the title.

Re: Axis Labels
Posted by Peter Kwan on Aug-04-2018 14:51
Hi John,

If you want to remove the axis labels, just set the label color to transparent. The Axis.setColors allows you to specify 4 colors for the axis stem, axis labels, axis title and axis ticks. If you just specify 2 colors, by default, the axis title color will be set to be the same as the axis label color, so both will become hidden.

https://www.advsofteng.com/doc/cdjava.htm#Axis.setColors.htm

For example, in Java:

c.yAxis().setColors(Chart.LineColor, Chart.Transparent, Chart.TextColor, Chart.LineColor);

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan