ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Chart is not displayed when running ChartDirector on Raspberry Pi3
Posted by Jin Jong Pyo on Sep-03-2018 09:38
Attachments:
I'm a Korean
We are talking through Google Translator. Sorry.

Chart image not displayed when Click "Simple Pie Char" in Raspberry Pi3

If I Mouse Click and drag "ChartDirector Sample Chars Program"
out of the screen and come back Chart image is displayed

Other charts and controls also experience the same behavior
(Image disappears whenever image update occurs However, Bar Meter and
Linear Meter / Guages are displayed correctly.)

I wonder how to make it appear immediately when the program runs without dragging

Help Me... Dear Program Designer

First Image : Chart image not displayed when Click "Simple Pie Char" in Raspberry Pi3

Second Image : Mouse Click and drag Program out of the screen

Third Image : After Second  Step and Come Back(Original location) Display Chart Image
K-001.jpg
K-002.jpg
K-003.jpg

Re: Chart is not displayed when running ChartDirector on Raspberry Pi3
Posted by Peter Kwan on Sep-03-2018 20:12
Hi Jin,

I suspect this is an issue with Mono. The Mono does not have the "PresentationCore.dll", which is part of the Microsoft .NET 4.0 framework to support WPF.

Your code does not use WPF and so does need the PresentationCore, but because ChartDirector can support WPF, Mono still tries to load the PresentationCore.dll which causes the error.

You may try to use ChartDirector for .NET version 6.0 instead of version 6.2. ChartDirector 6.0 does not supoprt WPF and so does not need PresentationCore.dll.

https://www.advsofteng.com/download_archive.html

Please let me know if this can solve the problem. If this works, in future, we may build a version of ChartDirector without WPF support to allow it to run on Mono.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Jin Jong Pyo on Sep-04-2018 08:53
Hello,

As you told me, I installed and ran ChartDirector 6.0

The chart display is not exactly the same as the previous one (not Display)

Previously, when I clicked the "Zooming and Scrolling" subfile, an error occurred, but now it does not occur, But display a blank screen(I think this is a Text font problem.)

And the "XY Zooming and Scrolling" chart is perfectly visible
(One of the five "Zooming and Scrolling" subfiles will be displayed correctly)

However, the remaining "Zooming and Scrolling" subfiles will display a blank screen

I think there's a reason for this, I do not know.

Thank you

Posted by Peter Kwan on Sep-05-2018 01:50
Hi Jin,

I do not have Raspberry Pi3, but I tried to download Mono on Ubuntu Linux. I think I may have found the cause of the problem and how to solve it.

In my testing, only some of the meters and the "XY Zooming and Scrolling" works. I found out it is because these charts are using the transparent background color.

If I add the line "c.setTransparentColor(-1);", then all other charts can be made to work too. I have tried to add this line to the "Simple Pie Chart" (simplepie.cs), and the "Zooming and Scrolling with Track Line" (frmzoomscrolltrack.cs), and both works normally after that.

ChartDirector can output the charts to the .NET GUI in two formats. If the chart has a transparent background, it will use the standand image format. If the chart is not transparent, it will use a simplified image format which is faster. It appears Mono does not support the simplified image format.

The line "c.setTransparentColor(-1);" forces ChartDirector to treat the chart as transparent (even if it is not), so it will use the standard image format, and the chart will then work in Mono Windows Forms.

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Jin Jong Pyo on Sep-05-2018 10:24
It works really well.

Thank you very much

God's grace will be with you