ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Qt5 Designer generate Python but integrate with real time chart?
Posted by Bryan on Dec-05-2018 15:34
Hi there
I was wondering what you thought of for the best approach. I know you have the Qt support in the C++ edition of ChartDirector. Is it possible if I wanted to use the ChartDirector Python edition for real time charts by using the newer Qt 5 Designer. If I am able to generate the Python code using Qt 5 Designer, what is the best way to integrate a real time demo chart example. As said, is this even possible? This is for MacOs as well. Here is example Qt5 Designer URL
http://projects.skylogic.ca/blog/how-to-install-pyqt5-and-build-your-first-gui-in-python-3-4/

Thanks

Re: Qt5 Designer generate Python but integrate with real time chart?
Posted by Peter Kwan on Dec-06-2018 01:23
Attachments:
Hi Bryan,

Several months ago, we wrote a very simple realtime chart PyQt example for one of our customers as attached. It is based on ChartDirector for Python.

In brief, the realtime chart drawing part of ChartDirector does not depend on any GUI framework, which means it can be used in PyQt or any other GUI framework.

Only the user interaction part (clickable hot spots, pop up tooltips for data objects,  programmable track cursors, etc) depends on the GUI framework. So in ChartDirector for Python, which does not have any Qt specific features, the charts can be displayed normally, but there will be no programmable track cursors or data object tooltips.

The example attached does not use the Qt Designer to generate the code. The PyQt code is just written manually. The example displays a bar chart using random data and updates periodically.

Regards
Peter Kwan
pyqt_realtimebarcharts.zip
pyqt_realtimebarcharts.zip

1.32 Kb

Re: Qt5 Designer generate Python but integrate with real time chart?
Posted by bryan on Dec-06-2018 01:28
I must say you have the best in class for support. I can definitely use this as a starting point for my needs.
Thanks