ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Surface Chart & Scatter Chart Grid Problem
Posted by Baris on Jul-25-2019 16:00
Attachments:
Hello,

I am using C++ and surfacechartrotation demo. And I am using Surface Chart and Scatter Chart together. Now I want to add grid only between data points. I am not sure that is possible or not. Can you suggest a way for solve this problem?
2019-07-25 10_59_18-Surface Chart Interactive Rotation.png

Re: Surface Chart & Scatter Chart Grid Problem
Posted by Peter Kwan on Jul-26-2019 00:10
Hi Baris,

I am not too sure what is "add grid only between data points".

In your surface chart, there are grid lines on the three walls. They are minor and major grid lines are for the x, y and z axes. ChartDirector can also add these grid lines on the surface, but in your chart they are not enabled.

One way to control the positions are the grid lines is to use Axis.addMark. The following is a brief description of one way this can be done:

(a) Set all default grid lines to invisible by setting their colors to Chart::Transparent. The API to set the grid line colors on the walls is ThreeDChart.setWallGrid.

https://www.advsofteng.com/doc/cdcpp.htm#ThreeDChart.setWallGrid.htm

(b) Add custom grid lines using Axis.addMark. For example:

// Add a grey grid line at x = 1500 on the surface
c->xAxis()->addMark(1500, 0x888888);

// Add a red grid line at x = 3000 on the walls
c->xAxis()->addMark(3000, 0xff0000)->setDrawOnTop(false);

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Baris on Jul-26-2019 12:53
Attachments:
Hello Peter,

Sorry for misunderstanding. I couldn't explain clearly. Actually I want to add grid lines on surface chart. Not on the walls. I activated surface grid and added a picture of graph. It's include a lot of small square between data points. But as you can see on second photo(I edited it on Paint) , I want to add grid for only data points. Can you suggest a way for solving my problem?

Thanks.
Best Regards.
withgridpng.png
gridless.png

Posted by Peter Kwan on Jul-27-2019 04:58
Hi Baris,

If you want to add grid lines only at x = 1000, 2000, 4000, 6000 on the surface, you may use Axis.addMark. For example:

c->xAxis()->addMark(1000, 0x000000)->setLineWidth(2);
c->xAxis()->addMark(2000, 0x000000)->setLineWidth(2);
c->xAxis()->addMark(4000, 0x000000)->setLineWidth(2);
c->xAxis()->addMark(6000, 0x000000)->setLineWidth(2);

The same applies to the y grid lines.

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Baris on Jul-27-2019 18:20
Hello Peter,

It helps a lot! Thank you for help.

Best Regards.
BE

Posted by Jyothi on Aug-12-2019 16:40
Hii sir, i have checked qt demp project. It includes all the different types of plots. Its really superb. Now, i just wamt to know, in surface plot, can i able to display x,y,z coordinates on mouse click. If yes, please give me suggestion. I didnt found in qt demo example.

Thanks in advance

Posted by Peter Kwan on Aug-12-2019 18:42
Attachments:
Hi Jyothi,

In the current version of ChartDirector, it is only support for the 3D scatter chart when you click on the scatter points. In the next version of ChartDirector, it will be supported on the SurfaceChart as well.

I have attached a screen shot obtained from the next version of ChartDirector for your reference. It shows the XYZ coordinates under the mouse. (The "W" in the screen shot is the optional W coordinate supported in the next version.)

Do you need this feature quickly? If it is quickly needed, I can ask our developer to add this function as a patch to the current version of ChartDirector.

Regards
Peter Kwan
cd70_scrshot.png

Posted by Jyothi on Aug-12-2019 20:36
Wow that was excellent. Thank you so much. May i know, next version released date?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Peter Kwan on Aug-13-2019 18:31
Hi Jyothi,

It is scheduled in Q1 2020.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Jyothi on Aug-21-2019 22:41
Hii sir thanq for the reply.

Can i get displaying x,y,z in this version. I need this immediately.plz sir.

Thanq in advance

Posted by Peter Kwan on Aug-21-2019 23:01
Hi Jyothi,

I can ask our developer to compile an updated DLL with this feature included. Would you mind to clarify which operating system editions of ChartDirector for C++ you need? (Win32, Win64, Linux(32-bit), Linux(64-bit), macOS?)

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Jyothi on Aug-22-2019 01:55
Thanq for d reply sir.

For win64 Os i need this. When i will get it sir.

Thanq in advance

Posted by Peter Kwan on Aug-23-2019 04:55
Hi Jyothi,

I have just created an updated 32bit/64bit DLLs with a Qt surface chart tooltip example. You may download it from:

https://www.advsofteng.com/support/surface_tooltip.zip

To use the updated DLL in your project, you would need to update the chartdir60.dll, chartdir60.lib as well as the "chartdir.h" and "bchartdir.h" header files.

The update adds one method:

DoubleArray SurfaceChart::getValuesAtPixel(int x, int y);

It returns the xyzw values at the pixel position (x, y). The values are returned as a DoubleArray containing 4 elements. If the pixel position is not over the surface, the array will have zero length.

In the sample code, the code calls DoubleArray in the MouseMoveChart event handler, and draws the tooltip if the array is not empty.

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan