ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

libchartdir.6.dylib cannot be opened with MacOs Catalina
Posted by Davide on Feb-04-2020 22:52
Attachments:
Hi,

I recently switched to macOS Catalina, but now when I try to run my program it gives me the following error that says that it's impossible to open the libchartdir.6.dylib because the developer can't be verified. Is there a workaround or something that I can do? Am I missing something?

I never had this problem with the previous versions of MacOs. I'm using MacOs 10.15.13 on Qt with c++;

Thanks in advance!
Schermata 2020-02-04 alle 15.43.39.png

Re: libchartdir.6.dylib cannot be opened with MacOs Catalina
Posted by Davide on Feb-04-2020 23:27
I manage to do it myself, I had to go to settings->Security and privacy and enable that library to be opened.

Thanks anyway!

Re: libchartdir.6.dylib cannot be opened with MacOs Catalina
Posted by Peter Kwan on Feb-05-2020 00:15
Hi Davide,

In macOS, all executables (including .so and .dylib) downloaded from the Internet will have be marked with an "extended attribute". In the latest version of macOS, all such marked executables will trigger the security dialog.

There are two methods to tell macOS to use the executables:

(a) If the security dialog has popped up, you can go to "Settings->Security and privacy" to enable the exeuctable.

(b) You can clear the extended attribute by using the command line "xattr -c libchartdir.6.dylib". This can be done before using the executable for the first time, in which case the security dialog has not yet popped up and you would be unable to find the executable in "Settings->Security and privacy".

Regards
Peter Kwan