ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Problem working with BarLayers and LineLayers on the same chart
Posted by Davide on Apr-23-2020 17:39
Attachments:
Hi,

I'm struggling to find a solution to my problem. I'm working with C++ library of chartdir and what I need to do is to use both BarLayers and LineLayers on the same chart. I've always used them separately and now I really can't get them to work toghether.

this is a piece of code that explains how I'm implementing my solution:

DoubleArray viewPortDataSeriesA = DoubleArray(arrayCumulativo.data(), arrayCumulativo.size());
DoubleArray viewPortDataSeriesB = DoubleArray(arrayRelativo->data(), arrayRelativo->size());

LineLayer *layer = c->addLineLayer();
                layer->setFastLineMode();

layer->setXData(viewPortTimeStamps);
                    layer->addDataSet(ArrayMath(viewPortDataSeriesA).movAvg(0).trim(0).result(), pStrutturaComp->at(h)->colore.at(j), "1");

BarLayer *bar = c->addBarLayer(Chart::Side);
        bar->setBarWidth(100, 100/arrayRelativoTot.size());
        for(int i = 0; i < arrayRelativoTot.size(); i++)
        {
            if(indexColor == indexPosOfRef)
                indexColor++;
            QVector<double> tragBar;
            for(int p = 0; p < tragnum.size(); p++)
            {
                tragBar.append(static_cast<double>(p) + 0.5);
            }
            viewPortTimeStamps = DoubleArray(tragBar.data(), tragBar.size());
            viewPortDataSeriesB = DoubleArray(arrayRelativoTot.at(i)->data(), arrayRelativoTot.at(i)->size());

bar->addDataSet(ArrayMath(viewPortDataSeriesB).movAvg(0).trim(0).result(), colore.at(indexColor), "1");
            bar->setXData(viewPortTimeStamps);
//                bar->setBarGap(0.2, Chart::TouchBar);
            bar->setBorderColor(Chart::Transparent, Chart::glassEffect(Chart::NormalGlare, Chart::Left));

}

for(int i = 0; i < tragnum.size(); i++)
        {
            c->xAxis2()->addMark(tragnum.at(i), 0xDDDDDD, ("i" + QString::number(i + 1)).toLatin1()/*,"arialbd.ttf", 10*/);
        }

c->yAxis()->setColors(M_BIANCO,M_BIANCO,M_BIANCO,M_BIANCO);
        c->yAxis()->setLabelStyle(LABEL_STYLE,LABEL_FONT, M_BIANCO)->setFontAngle(0,false);
        c->yAxis()->setTitle("DELTA SECTORS",TITLE_STYLE,FONT_TITLE,M_BIANCO)->setFontAngle(0,false);
        c->yAxis()->setTitlePos(Y_TITLE_AL_2, Y_TITLE_GAP_2);

double delta = (max - min)*PERCENTAGE_SCALE;
        c->yAxis()->setRounding(false, false);
        c->yAxis()->setLinearScale(min - delta, max + delta);
        c->yAxis()->setTickDensity(TICK_DENSITY_YAXIS);

c->xAxis()->setTickDensity(TICK_DENSITY_XAXIS);
        c->xAxis()->setDateScale();

That's just the piece of code where I draw the layers. The fact is that I would like to have instead of a DoubleArray as the XData I just need numbers forom 1 to 10 for both BarLayers and LineLayers.
But I want the BarLayers to be in the middle of two sectors like I've done on the image.

Another question is, How do I delete the spare that there is from the beginning of the chart and the point 0 and also on the right side? (I used two arrows to indicate them)

I'm sorry for my bad english, I hope that from the image you can understand better what I mean.

Thank you in advance.
Cattura.PNG

Re: Problem working with BarLayers and LineLayers on the same chart
Posted by Peter Kwan on Apr-23-2020 23:49
Hi Davide,

In your code, you use "viewPortDataSeriesA". In our sample code, the viewPortXXX variables are usually used in zoomable and scrollable charts. In this type of charts, the user can zoom in/out, so the x-axis scale is controlled by the user. For example, the user can zoom to the range x = 3.8914 to 8.9485 by dragging a selection rectangle.

However, in your code, it seems it is not using zooming features, so I assume your code directly controls the x-axis scale.

In your case, it is seems the x-coordinates for the bars are from 0.5 to tragnum.size() - 0.5. It is not clear what is the x-coordinates used for your line. My guess is that it is from 0 to tragnum.size() - 1. The x-axis range must include both layers, so it needs to be 0 to tragnum.size() - 0.5 (or 0 to 9.5 assuming traqnum.size() == 10).

For a bar chart, ChartDirector will automatically add 0.5 units of empty space to either side of the x-axis. It is because the bar has a width. The bar at x = 0 means the center of the bar is at x = 0. So the bar must occupy some space to the left of x = 0, and we need to reserve some space for that. You can remove the 0.5 units of empty space by:

c->xAxis()->setIndent(false);

You mentioned you want  the bars to be in between the line data points. So if there are 10 data points for the line, there must be 9 positions for the bars. So instead of:

for(int p = 0; p < tragnum.size(); p++)
{
}

you may try:

for(int p = 0; p < tragnum.size() - 1; p++)
{
}

This will shorten the bar x-range to 0.5 to 8.5, which should be what you want.

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Re: Problem working with BarLayers and LineLayers on the same chart
Posted by Davide on Apr-24-2020 16:14
Thanks a lot Peter, it was exactly what I was searching for.
I resolved it using c->xAxis()->setLinearScale(0, tragnum.size() - 1, 1, 0) and using c->xAxis()->setIndent(false), giving the bar chart a different XData with 0.5 offset so that it cis displayed in between the sectors!

Thanks again!