ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

compile on ARM
Posted by weigang on Jul-31-2020 10:56
I am now using chartdirector on Arm Linux, but when I compile my program an error is reported:
" /usr/bin/ld: when searching for /usr/local/ChartDirector/lib/libchartdir.so skip incompatible -lchartdir。"

I don't know how to resolve the problem. Maybe the ChartDirector version is not surpported for my computer? If so, can I get the compatible version?

Some infomations about the computer and compiler I am using:
$ uname -a
Linux SQARM235.local.com 4.18.0-80.nk7.31.1.aarch64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Nov 2 19:38:35 CST 2019 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (NeoKylin 4.8.5-28)

Re: compile on ARM
Posted by Peter Kwan on Jul-31-2020 13:22
Hi weigang,

Note that the Linux download of our web site is for the i386/i686 and x86_64 architectures only. They are not suitable for the ARM CPU.

There are many types of ARM CPU, for machines as small as a postal stamp to machines as big as mainframes. For your case, I see that your ARM architecture is aarch64. For this architecture, please use the following special build.

https://www.advsofteng.com/chartdir_cpp_linux_arm64.tar.gz

Please compile at least one of the sample code in the above download to see if it works on your machine. This can confirm whether the above release is suitable for your case.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Re: compile on ARM
Posted by weigang on Jul-31-2020 17:00
Hi Peter,

The arm64 build works well in my machine. I compiled some demos and they work well.
Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Weigang