ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Customizing the values on finance chart
Posted by Ronaldo Dev on Feb-05-2021 07:16
Attachments:
Hello Peter,

How do i customize the text and values being shown on the top area of a finance chart? is it possible to add custom text/shapes into that area?

thanks
Ron
finance.png

Re: Customizing the values on finance chart
Posted by Ronaldo Dev on Feb-06-2021 21:12
Hello Peter, any info on this?

Posted by Peter Kwan on Feb-07-2021 00:50
Hi Ronaldo,

Sorry for the late reply.

I am not sure what type of changes you need.

The "Finance Chart Custom Symbols" is an example of add text and symbols to the finance chart. It adds the up and down arrows and custom text to the legend by add scatter layers to the chart:

https://www.advsofteng.com/doc/cdphp.htm#financesymbols.htm

If you just want to add the custom shapes and text without the scatter symbols, you can add a scatter layer with an empty data array.

In a scatter layer, the custom shape and be a built-in shape, a custom polygon or image. You can refer to the scatter layer sample code for some examples.

If you want to modify the text of built in labels (such as to localize the labels), you would need to modify the FinanceChart source code. The FinanceChart is open source to allow developers to modify it, and many of our customers localize the labels this way.

The documentation on FinanceChart mentions where is the source code. I forgot which which programming language edition of ChartDirector you are using. If you are using PHP, it is located as "ChartDirector/lib/FinanceChart.php". See:

https://www.advsofteng.com/doc/cdphp.htm#FinanceChart.htm

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Ronaldo Dev on Feb-07-2021 02:33
hi Peter,

Appreciate the reply. I found my answer in your response. Essentially editing the FinanceChart source is what i need.

thanks
Ronaldo