ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

3D Scatter Chart (2)
Posted by Xochitl on Nov-13-2021 05:42
Please I need your help for draw a 3D Scatter Chart (2), I did the ChartDirector example but sent me the error Can't locate object methodb"new" via package "RanSeries", please wil you help me to show the chart I'm using a centos 7 server with Perl and  the log sent the error: Can't locate object method "new" via package "RanSeries".

my $r = new RanSeries(3);  #Here is the error

REGARDS
Xochitl Mora

Re: 3D Scatter Chart (2)
Posted by Peter Kwan on Nov-15-2021 18:24
Hi Xochitl,

3D Scatter Chart and RanSeries are introduced in ChartDirector 5.1. If your ChartDirector is of version 5.0 or older, it would not support RanSeries of 3D Scatter Chart.

Would you to clarify which version of ChartDirector you are using? When you upgrade ChartDirector for Perl, please remember to upgrade the DLLs / shared objects, and also the "perlchartdir.pm". It is common for developers to copy the "perlchartdir.pm" to their own folders or to some Perl module directory, and forget to update that "perlchartdir.pm". In this case, the "perlchartdir.pm" would not know about the RanSeries.

For testing, you may try the 3 lines of code:

my $c1 = new XYChart(720, 600);
my $c2 = new ThreeDScatterChart(720, 600);
my $r = new RanSeries(5);

If the XYChart does not report error, but the ThreeDScatterChart reports error, it is possible your ChartDirector for Perl (the perlchartdir.pm/perlchartdir???.dll/perlchartdir???.so) is of version 5.0 or older.

If the above still cannot solve the problem, please try the following command the list out your Perl configuration, so I can try to reproduce the problem.

perl -V

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Xochitl on Nov-18-2021 01:39
HI Peter Kwan, you asked me:

Would you to clarify which version of ChartDirector you are using?

Ok, I found two files with the name LICENSE.txt:

Option 1)   /var/www/html/application/ChartDirector/LICENSE.txt
                ChartDirector Version 5.0.3

Option 2)  /var/www/html/ChartDirector/LICENSE.txt
               ChartDirector Version 5.0.3

Peter, You wrote:
                       "If the XYChart does not report error, but the ThreeDScatterChart reports error, it is possible your ChartDirector for Perl (the perlchartdir.pm/perlchartdir???.dll/perlchartdir???.so) is of version 5.0 or older."

My Chart director version is 5.0.3 and not showed errors, is it ok?

Regards
Xochitl Mora

Posted by Peter Kwan on Nov-18-2021 15:25
Hi Xochitl.

You need at least ChartDirector 5.1 to support RanSeries and ThreeDScatterChart.

Upgrading from ChartDirector 5.0.3 to 5.1 is free of charge. You can download ChartDirector 5.1 from:

https://www.advsofteng.com/download_v511.html

Simply replace the "perlchartdir???.dll/perlchartdir??? .so" and "perlchartdir.pm" with the DLLs/shared objects and "perlchartdir.pm" from ChartDirector 5.1, and it should support  RanSeries and ThreeDScatterChart.

Note that it is common for people to copy ChartDirector to multiple directories. For your case, you have found two directories with ChartDirector, and there may or may not be more. Please make sure you replace the files in all ChartDirector directories with those from ChartDirector 5.1.

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan