ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Concentric Donut Chart
Posted by Adam B on Jan-22-2022 06:23
Hello,

Is it possible to change the size of each sector of a Concentric Donut Chart?  I would like to change how thick each sector is, not just how long each one is.  I just don't know if there is a python method I'm missing.

Thanks!
Adam

Re: Concentric Donut Chart
Posted by Peter Kwan on Jan-22-2022 23:58
Attachments:
Hi Adam,

By changing the "thickness", do you mean something like the image below?

The image below is for a single donut chart. For "concentric donut chart", there will be another donut outside. The angles of that outer donut will be different from that of the inner donut inside. (For example, the donut in the image below has a larger red sector and smaller green sector. The outer donut may have a very small red sector and a very larger green sector.) I am not how the thickness of the outer donut will work. Could you provide a mock up image (eg. create using Windows Paint) to help me understand what you need?

For your information, the variable radius in the chart below is created using the same method as the code in:

https://www.chartdir.com/forum/download_thread.php?site=chartdir&bn=chartdir_support&thread=1514888660

Regards
Peter Kwan
concentric.png

Re: Concentric Donut Chart
Posted by Adam B on Jan-23-2022 01:24
Hey Peter,

That's it! I should be able to use that code, and I'll just put a donut inside that.  Thanks for your help.

Adam