ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Aspapi DLL cause conflicts with Alaska DLL with the same name
Posted by Osvaldo Aoki on Feb-21-2022 01:15
Hi,

I am user of chartdirector Library, it works fine and I use with Alaska Xbase compile.

In chartdirector pack installation comes with DLL (aspapi.dll) dated 2013, 24 of may with 124 Kb.

But in Alaska 2.0 version, it comes with DLL file (aspapi.dll) with different date and size, and it cause problem in chartdirector instalation and execution (it not works with Alaska DLL). Alaska DLL is dated 2021, 10th of December with 210 Kb.  It is different from chard director.

Today I am keeping Chartdirector AspApi.dll file to keep woriking with graphics... I am not using aspapi.dll from alaska yet. But in the future I will need to use.

I dont know if you have a solution for this problem, or an update that turn it compatible...

I wait for your reply about.

Thanks for your attention.

Osvaldo Aoki

Re: Aspapi DLL cause conflicts with Alaska DLL with the same name
Posted by Peter Kwan on Feb-21-2022 18:08
Hi Osvaldo,

It is common to have multiple files with the same filename on a hard disk, as they can reside in different folders.

The ChartDirector DLLs (chartdir??.dll, comchartdir.dll and aspapi.dll) can be installed in any folder. The only requirement is that the comchartdir.dll and aspapi.dll should be registered with the registry. By default, the ChartDirector installer will install them in “c:Program Files (x86)ChartDirectorlib”. You can also put them in any other directory and register them. See:

https://www.advsofteng.com/doc/cdcom.htm#install.htm

I suppose XBase should have its own method to find its aspapi.dll. ChartDirector should not affect XBase as the ChartDirector DLL is in a different folder. XBase should not affect ChartDirector as well, as ChartDirector can find its DLL using the registry.

Would you mind to clarify how ChartDirector can interfere with XBase? Are you trying to put the two DLLs with the same name in the same folder?

Regards
Peter Kwan