ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

c# add control to toolbox, and 32or 64bit version matter.
Posted by taejin Kim on Feb-28-2022 23:11
Hi...
I'm developing C# program with chartDirector.
So I tried to add toolbox tab and chartdirector dll as written in chm help.
I can add dll to added toolbox tab but end of added process, tab is disappeared.
My visual Studio is version 13 and 32bit environment.

I think it caused by chartdirector version is 64 bit. is it?
If so, where can I find 32bit chartcirector?
If not, what should I do?

Regards,

Re: c# add control to toolbox, and 32or 64bit version matter.
Posted by Peter Kwan on Mar-01-2022 00:24
Hi taejin Kim,

ChartDirector for .NET DLL (netchartdir.dll) is a pure managed code assembly, and it works in both 32-bit and 64-bit.

You mentioned about "Visual Studio version 13". Do you mean Visual Studio 2013? The following Wiki page lists the history of Visual Studio versions. I can only find Visual Studio 2013, but not version 13.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Visual_Studio

If you are using Visual Studio 2013, I will try and download this version of Visual Studio and test it. I think it should work with ChartDirector normally.

You may check the followings:

(a) Some Windows will disable all downloaded DLLs by default. You may need to manually "unblock" the zip file before opening the zip file and extract the DLLs out. See:

https://www.advsofteng.com/unblock_zip.html

(b) If you are not using the Administrator account, please try to run Visual Studio using "Run As Administrator". Sometimes you cannot install things unless you are the Administrator.

(c) Visual Studio supports many project types - Windows Forms, Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, WPF, UWP, .... ChartDirector includes controls for the following project types:

(1) Windows Forms
(2) WPF
(3) ASP.NET Web Forms
(4) Windows Forms Core
(5) WPF Core

For (1), (2) and (3), you can install controls by adding a tab to the toolbox. For (4) and (5), you can add ChartDirector to the project by using nuget. (I am not sure if Visual Studio 2013 supports nuget.)

You can only see the tab if you open a project of a compatible type. For example, if you have added the ChartDirector Windows Forms controls to the toolbox (the WinChartViewer and WinViewPortControl), you can only see the controls if you open a Windows Forms project, and open the Windows Forms designer so that you can drag the controls onto the Window.

ChartDirector requires .NET Framework 4.0 or later. If your project is for an earlier versio of .NET, it may not see the controls.

If the above still cannot solve the problem, please confirm if you are using Visual Studio 2013. I will download and try it myself to see how to make it work.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by taejin Kim on Mar-01-2022 20:43
Hi Peter Kwan.

My visual Studio version is  2013. sorry about that.

I solved my problem. My project was DotNet framework 3.5. -_-;;

Change to 4.6,  then toolbox shows me the winChartView control.

thanks your advice...

best regards,

Posted by taejin Kim on Mar-01-2022 21:33
Hi Peter Kwan.

My visual Studio version is  2013. sorry about that.

I solved my problem. My project was DotNet framework 3.5. -_-;;

Change to 4.6,  then toolbox shows me the winChartView control.

thanks your advice...

best regards,